Have you ever wondered what makes you come alive? Have you felt as if there’s something missing from your life – that you feel only half-alive, or as if you’re just moving through life without any real passion or purpose? When you discover what it is that makes you come alive, you know exactly what you’re meant to do in life, and you take action.
Being in touch with who you truly are, is what makes you come alive
What if they won’t accept me, and other fears?
- Other people’s reactions – someone will criticize you, make fun of you, or won’t accept you
- Not fitting in – “My family/friends won’t like who I am anymore. I won’t fit in.”
- Making a mistake, a fool of yourself, or being humiliated
- Afraid you don’t have what it takes to do what it is you want
- Having to actually take action on a big goal if you step into your power, gifts, or inner strengths. Once you know what really makes you come alive, you feel driven to do it – a good way. But knowing you have to take action, can cause you to procrastinate. It brings up other underlying fears to look at.
Fear of failure is one aspect – Fear of success is another
Is it a loss of time? A loss of identity? When you let go of what holds you back, it can sometimes feel as if you’re changing your very identity – who you are. “Who will I be if I do this?” We relate to who we are, right here, right now. It’s our current identity. When we change something, even in good ways, it feels like we’re changing our very identity. But, it’s not changing who you are. It’s letting go of any habits that keep you from being exactly who you are.
We’ll do anything to survive
There’s only one you
- Am I really willing to dummy down who I am, just to feel comfortable and safe?
- If I don’t do it now, looking ahead, 3 years, where will I be? Am I happy seeing myself in the same situation, not fully expressing who I am?
- What will it take for me to be willing to step into who I am and fully come alive?
If you continue playing it safe, somehow life, your soul, or the Universe finds a way to make it a little too uncomfortable to stay hidden. I’ve seen people drop into depression when they weren’t honoring their truth and who they really were. Or other people who’s lives just got tougher and tougher until they finally surrendered and said, “Ok, I’ll do it!” Interestingly enough, once they did let go of their fears and stepped up to being themselves, their lives turned around, dramatically. Life flowed easier and they found real happiness and fulfillment.
If you want to explore what emotions are holding you back and ways to release the hold they have on you, book a complimentary call. We can discuss your goals and see if we’re a mutual fit.
Santa Fe, NM 87506